The Nicholas Center strives to provide the highest level of service delivery to the individuals we support.
The Nicholas Center and its personnel who are responsible to deliver or administrate OPWDD Waiver Services have completed required trainings, including the rules and conduct as specified within OPWDD's PRAISE Manual: "Promoting Relationships and Implementing Safe Environments" ,Policies and Procedures on Abuse, Incident Reporting , Processing, Prevention, Identification , Regulation Requirements surrounding HCBS services, Person Centered Planningand various regulations as governed in 14 NYCRR Parts 624, 625, 633, 635 and 671
Furthermore, all appropriate personnel, including our Board of Directors have signed the Code of Conduct for Persons with Special Needs and have pledged to the code. Nicholas Center ensures compliance of all Direct Support Professionals to adhere to the Code of Ethics and implements the Evaluation of Dsps as directed by NYS regs utilizing the Core Competencies. If you require specific training documentation, please inquire to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 516.767.7177
All persons and his/her parent(s), guardian(s) or correspondent, prior to or upon admission into Nicholas Center Waiver services, must submit the following form acknowledging receipt and review of the Codes, Rules and Regulations , as required by NYS OPWDD. Thank you.
PLEASE DOWNLOAD, REVIEW AND RETAIN A COPY FOR YOUR PERSONAL RECORDS OF THE FOLLOWING:
2 . Part 633.12 Objection to services process; DUE PROCESS CLICK HERE
3. Person Centered Planning: CLICK HERE
4. HCBS Regulatory Requirements: CLICK HERE
5. Policies & Procedures of Incident/Abuse Reporting and Processing / Laws, Regulations and Policies Governing Protection and Abuse Prevention, Identification, Reporting and Processing of Allegations of Abuse (and Jonathan's Law) REGS Part 624,625: CLICK HERE
7. Code of Conduct for Custodians of People with Special Needs: CLICK HERE
8. Code of Ethics for Direct Support Professionals: CLICK HERE
9. Core Competencies for Direct Support Professionals: CLICK HERE
11. Participant/Parent Guardian Handbook CLICK HERE (Sept. 2019)